Now, you can easily extend your wireless network with D-LINK AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1610. It can enhance the speed and coverage of the existing Wi-Fi signal. With this, you will be able to enjoy up to 1200 Mbps dual-band speed. This reduces interference from the nearby wireless transmitters.
D-LINK AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1610 is a plug-in repeater that is easy to setup. You can set it up using the QRS mobile app, or one-touch WPS push-button. Its Smart Signal Strength LED will let you find the best location with optimal coverage.
The extender is a compact device that is best for a small office or best. It doesn’t take up much space. The best part about the D-LINK AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1610 is it works with all Wi-Fi routers. So, you don’t have to worry about compatibility. Just plug into power and easily extends your home or office’s wireless network to enjoy a reliable and fast wireless connection.
If you have got a D-LINK AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1610 and want to set it up, just keep reading this article to learn the different methods to do so.
How to Set Up D-LINK AC1200 Extender DAP-1610 Using the Mobile App?
You can set up the D-LINK AC1200 DAP-1610 using the mobile app from your Android smartphone or tablet or iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. For this, you have to download the QRS Mobile app.
The steps to set up the extender using the mobile app have been given below.
- Download the QRS Mobile App on your Android or iOS phone from Google Play Store or Apple Store, respectively.
- Once you are done installing the app, you need to start with the extender configuration process. so, connect it to the router wirelessly just by going to the device’s wireless utility. Perform a scan to find the Wi-Fi name. This is listed in the configuration card. Now, enter your preferred Wi-Fi password.
- When you connected the router to the extender wireless, open the QRS Mobile app on your device’s home screen.
- Click on ‘Start’ to continue with the process and then click on the option ‘Next’.
- The app is first going to detect the extender and then scan for the Wi-Fi networks that are available. Choose the network that you would like to extend. Next, tap on ‘Rescan’ in case the network fails to show up the first time.
- Now, you have to enter the password for the previous Wi-Fi network and then click on the option ‘Next’ to continue.
- It is time for you to enter the network name SSID along with the password for your extended Wi-Fi network. Thereafter, you will have to click on the option ‘Next’ to continue.
- For the web-based configuration utility, you will have to create an admin password. When you are done, click on ‘Next’ to continue.
- A summary of the setting is going to be displayed on the screen. Tap on ‘Save’ for rebooting the device and complete the setup.
- When you are done with the setup wizard, a screen is going to appear. Here, you have to connect to the extended network. Now, you can change your laptop and mobile Wi-Fi settings to the wireless network’s name and password which he created. ‘Share by E-mail’ can also be used to share the information.
How to Setup D-LINK DAP-1610 Extender Through the Web Browser?
In order to access the setup utility of the extender on your PC, you have to first connect the D-LINK AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1610 wireless with the help of the Wi-Fi name and password that is present on the Wi-Fi Configuration Card. Thereafter, you will have to open the browser and enter http://dlinkap.local./ in the address bar. You can also enter the IP address of the extender.
Note: The default IP address of the extender is 192.168.0.50. As soon as the extender connects to the host network, it is going to be given a new IP address on the basis of the DCHP setting of the network. You have to log into the router to find out what is the IP that has been assigned to the DAP-1610. For multiple extenders, you have to go to http://dlinkapxxxx.local/ as mentioned on the Configuration Card of the Wi-Fi. The ‘****’ is the last 4-digits of the extender’s MAC address.
On the page that opens, you will have to enter the password. The default admin is your username and it cannot be changed. The password field will be blank.
The configuration interface is going to open and you will be able to configure different settings for the extender. In case you haven’t yet configured the uplink network, your home link is sure to show that no connection has been established between the uplink router and the D-LINK AC1200 DAP-1610 Extender.
How to Set Up D-LINK DAP-1610 Extender Using Setup Wizard?
Want to set up your extender using the WPS setup? Well, you will only have to follow a few easy steps. Let’s take a quick look at these steps.
- Plugin the range extender to the outlet close to the wireless router. Make sure that you wait until the extender’s LED light blinks amber. It might take up to 3 minutes. You can the extender to a more suitable location after it has been set up.
- Now, you will have to press and hold the WPS button on the wireless router for about 3 seconds. Make sure that you look for the WPS light on the router and check if it is blinking. In case it is not, try to reset the unit and then try for the setup once again.
- If the WPS light blinks on the router in just one minute, press on the WPS button on the D-LINK AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1610 for 2-3 seconds. You will notice the LED starting to blink green.
- If the STATUS LED turns solid green, it indicates that the range extender is connected to the wireless router. Now, you can unplug and move the D-LINK AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1610 to a location between the wireless router and the location where you would like to have the wireless coverage.
Note: It can up to 3 minutes for the STATUS LED to turn to solid green.
In case after moving the Range Extender, the signal strength indicator shows on a single amber bar or if the D-LINK AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1610 LED doesn’t turn solid green within 3 minutes, you have to move the extender to a location closer to the router.
Now, your setup is complete, you can connect the wireless device to the extender without any hassle.
D-LINK AC1200 Range Extender DAP-1610 Review
D-LINK AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1610 is one of the best plug-in repeaters available in the market. You can set up the extender by following a few simple steps. You don’t even need a computer to set it up. All you need is a mobile device powered by iOS or Android and QRS app.
D-LINK AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1610 is a compact device that can be used at home or a small office. Simply plug-in and set it up anywhere you want as it doesn’t take up much space. The diminutive wall-plug design makes sure you don’t have to deal with a power cord.