Do you want more bandwidth, better coverage, and seamless connections from your Wi-Fi device? Get a D-LINK AC1900 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1955). This new mesh networking solutions offer an intelligent home networking experience with just one mesh network covering the entire home.
It is dual-band and a combined speed of up to 1900 Mbps Wi-Fi all across your home. It runs on MU-MIMO technology that ensures high speeds for different devices. D-LINK AC1900 DAP-1955 is a powerful extender that can boost your home’s existing Wi-Fi network. By installing this, you can get rid of the dead zone. No matter where you place it in your house, you can browse using high-speed internet on all your devices.
The best part about D-LINK AC1900 Extender is it works with all brands of router and Wi-Fi devices. You can set it up easily using the WPS button. It comes with the latest 128-bit encryption that makes sure you use secure internet.
How to Set Up D-LINK AC1900 DAP-1955 Using the WPS Button?
It is easy to set up the D-LINK AC1900 extender using the WPS button. Wireless Protected Setup or WPS is a button that lets you set up the extender with just one touch. To use the WPS button, you have to check the access point or the source router comes with a virtual WPS button or WPS button.
Let’s take a look at the steps you need to follow to set it up.
1. Initiating WPS Mode
While the WPS and LED status button is still blinking orange, you will have to push the WPS on the access point or wireless router. After this, push the WPS button on the D-LINK DAP-1955. You will see the WPS or Status LED changing to flash green. Wait for 2-3 minutes for the process to be complete. The LED light button will turn solid green when the extender is connected to the access point or the source wireless router.
2. Connecting the Devices to the Extender
Your D-LINK AC1900 extender is now all set to share the extended network with various devices. You might need the WPS method for connecting to the devices to the extended network using the network names and the password. The password is going to be the same as the wireless networking that you are extending.
The Smart Connect feature comes with a single wireless network. So, when you connect the devices to the extended network, they are added to the best brand, automatically, either to the 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz. You can also disconnect the Smart Connect feature and configure the 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz individually.
How to Set Up D-LINK AC1900 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1955 Via App?
If you wish to set up and configure DLINK AC1900 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1955) using the app, you can do so from your iOS or Android device.
Here are the steps you have to follow.
You will have to search and install the D-Link Wi-Fi app on your mobile device. It is available for download from Google Play Store or App Store. Also, you can scan the QR code given on the manual to download and install the app.
Open the D-Link Wi-Fi app from your device’s home screen.
Now, you will have to tap on the option ‘Install New Device’. This can be seen at the center of the screen.
If you have the setup QR code, you will have to tap on ‘YES’ and then move on to Step. In case you are not, tap on ‘No’ and then move on to Step 5.
Now, you need to tap on the Extender product option and then choose DAP-1955 from the available list of devices. To continue with the process, tap on ‘Next’.
You are now going to be guided for the setup through a step-by-step process by the app. Just follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation and configuration process.
How to Set Up DLINK Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP 1955 Using the Mobile Browser?
Web-based setup is another option you have at hand when it comes to DLINK AC1900 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1955). To extend the wireless network and connect to an internet connection set up process using an Ethernet cable, you will have to follow a few easy steps.
But first, you need to know how to access the web-based configuration utility.
To access the web-based configuration utility, you have to connect to the network of the device using the Ethernet cable or the Wi-Fi name/SSID and the password. Thereafter, you have to type the URL for the device on the browser’s address bar. The URL is http://dlinkap.local./. The ‘WZYZ’ will change as per the device.
In case you are logging into the extender for the first time and haven’t established a connection before, you will notice the wizard appearing automatically. In case the setup process wasn’t completed previously, log in to the internet and keep the password field blank.
Now let’s move on to the steps you have to follow. The wizard will help you to configure the extender.
- Click on the option ‘Next’ to start.
- Wait for the scan to be complete to view the available Wi-Fi network.
After the scan, you will see a list of the wireless network. You can select one of the following options.
- In case the wireless network that you want to set up has been detected by the scanning process, clicking on it to select. You will automatically be directed to the next step by the extender.
- In case the network you wish to extend has been detected by the scan, just click on the ‘Manual’ button.
Note: In case the network you wish to extend wasn’t detected by the scan, the DLINK AC1900 Range Extender can be out of ranges. So, try to reposition the extender close to the host network device.
- If the wireless network you want to extend has been detected by the scan, just enter the present password to your router. Click on ‘Next’ to continue with the configuration process or click on ‘Back’ to return to the last step.
- In case you have chosen ‘Manual’ for entering the Wireless Network Name/SSID and Password of your previous Wi-Fi network you would like to connect to. Click on the option ‘Next’ to continue for configuring the extension network settings or just click on ‘Back’ to go back to the previous step.
- To secure the web configuration utility of the extender, enter the admin password. You will be asked to enter the password every time you have to use the web configuration utility of the extender.
- Click on ‘Next’ to continue with the process.
- From the drop-down menu choose the time zone.
- Again, click on ‘Next’ to continue.
- Make sure that the LINK AC1900 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1955) firmware is up-to-date. This provides the latest protection and brand new features you can think of. You have to select if you want it to update automatically or manage it all by yourself.
- After this, click on ‘Next’ to continue with the process.
- At the end of the wizard, you are going to receive a final summary of your setting. Keep a record of this information for future requirements.
- To close the wizard, click on ‘Finish’.
It’s going to save the changes and the extender is going to reboot.
You can now connect your devices to the new wireless network when the extender reboots. Click on ‘OK’ to exit the Setup Wizard and you are going to see the login page. Place the DLINK AC1900 DAP-1955 EXTENDER where you need internet access.
How to Configure the Settings to Use DLINK AC1900 DAP-1955 as the Access Point?
You can configure the settings to use the extender as an access point. Connect the Ethernet cable from the LAN port of the router to the LAN port present at the bottom of the extender.
In order to access this page, you will have to click on the drop-down Settings menu present at the top of the page. Next, you will have to click on ‘Save’ for applying the settings and going back to the homepage.
Under the option ‘Existing Network’, you will have to select ‘Ethernet’ to use DLINK AC1900 (DAP-1955) as your access point.
D-LINK DAP-1955 REVIEW
DLINK DAP-1955 can easily expand your home’s Wi-Fi coverage. With this, you can eliminate spotty signals and work from home or watch a movie from any room you want. Go around your home and you can still stay connected to the internet. You can easily find the best setup location with clear visual feedback. When the signal is strong, you will see the LED light up. To set it up, you will only have to spend a few minutes. Connect to a WPS-compatible router with just one touch.
However, it might sometime lose signal. The extender might have limitations when it comes to the distance of it from the router.
All in all, DLINK DAP-1955 is a good extender at an affordable price for your house.