The dllink DAP-1720 is a dual band gigabit wireless wifi extender. It extends the existing wifi range and provides a reliable wifi network. Generally, this extender is especially designed to extend and boost the wifi coverage. Mostly, the dlink DAP-1720 range extender is simultaneous dual band wifi that extend both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wifi at the same time for a more reliable wifi coverage network. It has three external antennas that manage the network coverage and extend wifi coverage 360° with better connection. This extender provides up to 1750 wifi network speed, by which you can stream 4K videos and your favorite movies without interruption. The dlink ac1750 wireless repeater abolishes the wifi dead zone in the corner of the home.
The setup of the d-link dap-1720 wi-fi ac1750 extender is simple with the WPS button. You can also Setup the extender with the web-based. It is universal compatibility and compatible with any wifi router and access point. This extender is a smart indicator that helps you find the best location to place the device.
Installation of the dlink dap-1720 range extender
The dlink wifi range extender delivers better and stable wifi network connectivity with dual-band. The dual-band frequency supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band. If you want to enjoy the wifi network of the d-link dap-1720 range extender then you should install the extender. There are some steps of the installation which are as follows.
- Initially, unbox the dlink extender from the packaging box and check if it comes with the following components like power cord, ethernet cable, antenna etc.
- Then, hold the antenna from the base and push them fully into the slots.
- Plug the extender into the power circuit. The extender must be plugged closer to the wifi router. On the other hand, the extender and router plug in the same room.
- Now, press the power button to turn on the dlink extender.
- Then, press the WPS button of the ac1750 range extender for 15 seconds.
- Within 2 minutes press the WPS of the wifi router.
- Presently, wait until the extender flashing power LED stops and turns LED solid green.
Thus the installation of the dlink wireless repeater is done. Now, you can seamlessly enjoy the wifi connectivity and easily login the extender.
How to access the login page of the dlink DAP-1720 wifi range extender?
The d’link dap-1720 extender built-in 3 external antennas that improve the existing wifi signal and provide ultimate wifi coverage throughout the homes. If you want to access the d-link dap-1720 login page without any hurdle then follow the some given below steps.
- Firstly, ensure the computer is properly connected to the dlink extender’s network name, wired or wirelessly.
- Launch any web browser in your computer like mozilla firefox, safari, internet explorer and opera.
- Type 192.168. 0.50 or http://dlinkap.local in the browser URL bar, hit enter.
- In a while the login page is displayed of the dlink dap-1720 range extender.
- In the extender’s login page there are 2 text fields like username and password.
- Then, you can input the default username ID and password in their fields.
- Lastly, click the section “login” to login the extender.
Now the login steps of the d’link ac1750 wifi range repeater is finished. There were some of its steps which you can easily follow such steps without any obstacle.
Manual of the dlink dap-1720 range extender
The d-link wireless wifi repeater extremely extends the existing wifi speed with 450+1300 mbps speed. By which you seamlessly enjoy streaming videos without any buffering. If you want to know more information about the d’link extender, then you should read the d-link dap-1720 manual. Manual is that which comes with the range extender. In the manual all information is there about the dap-1720 extender like brand name is D-Link, wireless type is 802.11ac, item weight is 8 ounces, product dimensions is 1.25 x 2.75 x 6.5 inches, ASIN is B00PVDS2ZG, wireless speed is 1300Mbps (5GHz) + 450Mbps (2.4GHz), antennas 3 (External), data transfer rate us 1750 Megabits Per Second etc. By reading this manual, you can find out all the information about the d’link ac1750 wifi extender.
Web-based setup of the dlink dap-1720 wireless wifi repeater
If you want to setup the dlink extender through the web browser then it is very ingenious. It takes 4-5 minutes to d-link dap-1720 setup. There are some to Setup the extender, which are given below.
- First and foremost, plug the extender into the electric outlet but extender is placed near the wifi router. Then turn on the extender and wait until the LED signal turns into the solid green.
- Connect the computer to the dlink dap-1720 range extender network name, wirelessly or wired.
- Launch the web browser and type dlinkap.local or extender’s IP address to login the extender.
- Then, type the username ID and password in the username and password columns, to login the extender.
- Now, click “setup” wizard to d-link dap-1720 configuration.
- Click the wireless setting and select the wireless frequency band 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, which you prefer.
- You also select wireless security encryption WPA/WPA2 and channel bandwidth.
- Then, you can type wifi network name and password in their fields.
- After these settings, click “apply” to save the setting.
Thus the setup of the dlink dap-1720 range extender is successfully complete. You can also try the ac1750 extender setup by following these steps.
Firmware update steps of the dlink dap-1720 range extender
The dlink wifi range is easy to extend the existing wifi range and gets rid of the wifi dead zone in the home. If you want to update the d-link dap-1720 firmware, then it is simple. After updating the firmware you get many new features. There are some steps, which are as follows.
- Launch the web browser and enter http://dlinkap.local in the search browser.
- Then, input the default admin password in their columns and click “login”.
- Here, click the section “management” and the select “upgrade” from the drop-down list.
- Now, the firmware update page is promoted on the screen.
- Then, you click the section “browse” to upload the download firmware file.
- After uploading the file, click “upgrade” to update the firmware.
- Now the firmware update process is started, you don’t turn off the device. Afterward, the extender automatically rebooted.
D-link dap-1720 review
The dlink wifi range extender provides superior wifi coverage with dual-band. The dual-band supports 2.4 gigahertz and 5 gigahertz. The 2.4 GHz offers 450 mbps speed and 5 GHz 1300 mbps speed. By which you can enjoy 4K streaming videos, play online games, check emails, share and download long files with stable wifi connectivity. It has a high speed gigabit port that connects devices such as gaming consoles, blu Ray players, smart TVs, or streaming players directly to the Gigabit Ethernet port. The setup of the d-link dap-1720 wi-fi ac1750 range extender is simple with the WPS button. It has three external antennas that help improve weak wifi coverage throughout large homes and even backyards and provides better wifi coverage. That means the dlink dap-1720 range extender is a tremendous wifi device for extending the wifi range and eliminating the wifi dead zone.
How do I reset the dlink dap-1720 extender?
To reset the dlink wifi range extender is simple with the reset button. For this, locate the d-link dap-1720 reset button. Afterward, press and hold the reset button for some seconds. You can use paperclip to hold the button, then release the button. The power LED signal flashes orange light that means reset is complete.
Why does my d’link ac1750 wifi range extender blinking red?
If your d-link dap-1720 red light flashing then, you should verify your extender is closer to the wifi router. You should check whether your extender is up to date or not. Sometimes due to overheating, extender LED flashes red light, you should place the extender coold, airy and ventilated area.
How can I fix a weak WiFi signal of dlink dap-1720 range extender?
To fix the weak signal of the dlink range extender, place the extender closer to the router. You use the 5 GHz band, the 5 GHz is higher frequency band it supports 1300 mbps speed. You should update the firmware of dlink ac1750 wifi repeater.