Want to get a strong internet connection all across your house? Get D-LINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1120). Just connect it to your router and share high-speed internet access across various corners in your house. It comes with Wireless N technology that makes you get a connection speed of up to 300 Mbps. This lets users take part in real-time activities over the internet like online gaming, video streaming, real-time audio, etc. seamlessly. Use its web-based interface to set it up in just a few minutes and connect it to an uplink router. You don’t have to be an expert in order to configure the wireless network and manage the settings. DLINK DAP-1120 Extender supports wireless security features. So, you don’t have to worry about unauthorized access from the wireless network or the internet. The WPA/WPA2 ensures that you can use the best encryption methods with all compatible wireless devices.
In case you have been wondering about the D-LINK DAP-1120 extender setup, you will get to know everything in this guide.
How to Setup D-LINK N300 DAP-1120 Extender Using the WPS Method?
- If you want to setup dap-1120 extender using the WPS methods, you have to choose the first option from the setup wizard menu. After this, click on ‘Next’ to continue.
- D-LINK DAP-1120 uses the push-button method for this. So, you will have to press the WPS push button, after choosing WPS. The button is present on the router or access point you want to connect to the extender.
- You will have 120 seconds to press this button. When done, click on ‘Next’ to continue with the process.
- In case you are successful in making a connection, you will find a notice on the screen. Also, the device’s LED will turn solid green.
- In case the LED is solid amber after you connected it, it shows the extender has a poor connection. To improve your connection quality places the extender to a wall outlet closer to the access point or router.
- DLINK DAP-1120 Extender also has a WPS button on its side. You can use this for initiating a connection with the router. After pressing the button, you will have 120 seconds to press the button on the router or access point.
You will notice the LED on the extender turning solid green. This means a connection has been made with the uplink router.
How to Setup D-LINK N300 DAP 1120 Extender Using Your Mobile Phone?
You can set up DLINK DAP-1120 from your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet using the QRS Mobile app.
Here are the steps you have to follow.
- First, you have to download the QRS Mobile App on your Android or iOS devices. It is available for free download on Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS. You can also use the QR Code given in the manual.
- Now, connect the Wi-Fi network. This is shown on the Wi-Fi Configuration Card that is present in your package. Thereafter, you will have to enter the Wi-Fi password. You will find this too on the Configuration Card.
- On the mobile device you have connected, you will find the QRS Mobile icon. Tap on it.
- Now, click on ‘Start’ to continue with the process.
- The app will detect the extender. Thereafter, it will scan for the Wi-Fi networks available. Choose the network you would like to extend. If required, enter the password.
- Insert the network name (SSID) along with the password for the extended internet network. You if want, you can keep the previous SSID and password. When you are done, click on ‘Next’ to continue with the process.
- Make sure you create an admin password for the extender’s web-based configuration utility. Again, you have to click on ‘Next’ to continue.
- You will see a summary of your setting being displayed. So, now, tap on ‘Save’ to reboot your devices. This completes the setup process.
When you are done with the setup, you will see a screen. Now, change the laptop or mobile’s Wi-Fi settings to the network name and password you created.
How to Set Up DLINK N300 DAP-1120 Using Your Browser?
- For accessing the configuration utility for the extender on the PC, you have to connect it wirelessly using the Wi-Fi name and password. You will find this on the Wi-Fi Configuration Card.
- Now, open a web browser and in the address bar enter http://dlinkap.local. If you want, you can use the IP address, http://192.168.0.50, too.
- Note: In case you have multiple extender devices on the network, you can opt for web-based configuration through http://dlinkapxxxx.local. Here ‘xxxx’ are the 4-digits of the extender’s MAC address.
- Enter the password. The username is ‘Admin’ by default. You cannot change this. By default, the password field is kept blank.
- As the configuration interface opens, you have to configure different settings for the DLINK DAP 1120. In case you haven’t configured yet, the home screen shows that there is no connection between the uplink router and extender.
LED Light Indicator of DLINK N300 DAP 1120 Extender
The LED light indicator on the DLINK DAP-1120 Extender shows its current status.
The light details have been given below:
- Solid Green: It means the connection quality is good and the extender is functioning normally.
- Blinking Green: This implies that the extender is process WPS.
- Solid Red: It means that the device is powering on. But it can also mean that the system is not working and is defective.
- Blinking Orange: It shows that the extender can’t connect or provision the IP address from your uplink router.
- Solid Orange: This indicates the connection quality is poor because of poor reception.
- Off: It shows that the device isn’t receiving power. So, check the power outlet.
D-LINK DAP-1120 Extender Review
D-LINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender DAP-1120 is one of the smallest extenders you will find in the market. What’s makes it more attractive is it is easy to set up. You can set it up with all types of routers and are still going to offer optimum coverage.
You can set up the DLINK N300 using the WPS button, QRS app, or web-interface. The LED light will tell you about the status of the router. It extends your router’s signal to locations where it was previously impossible to get coverage. The device works well in offices, as well as homes. Click here to download Dlink Dap-1120 Extender Manual