Want to get optimal coverage for your internet connection at every corner of your house? DLINK DAP-1330 Extender might be just what you are looking for. With this, you can expect to get reliable internet coverage. It is the perfect extender for homes. You can connect with all types of routers. However, to get a seamless mesh network, you can connect it with D-Link Wi-Fi Certified EasyMesh. You can enjoy dual-band with a combined speed of up to 1900 Mbps connection throughout the house.
D-LINK N300 DAP-1330 comes with a smart signal indicator. Use it to find the best location to set it up. the Gigabit port will let you connect a wired device to it. The best part about the extender is it is easy to set up. All you have to do is press the WPS button. It comes with 128-bit encryption. Thus, you will know that the connection is secure. If you want to set up the DLINK DAP-1330 Extender, you can follow this guide.
How to Setup DLINK N300 DAP 1330 Using the WPS Button?
You can easily set up your extender using the WPS button. The steps you have to follow are discussed below:
- When you see the WPS LED blinking amber, you will know the device is ready to connect to the router.
- Now, you have to press the WPS button on the extender, as well as the router. As you do it, you will see the WPS LEAD on the extender starting to blink green. Wait for at least 2 minutes for the process to be complete.
- The WPS LED will become solid green when the extender connects successfully to the uplink network. The new extended network is named (Source SSID)-EXT. However, the password is going to be the same as the password of the network source.
How to Setup D-LINK DAP-1330 Extender Using Your Mobile Device?
Do you want to set up the extender using your mobile device? For this, you just need an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet.
Now, let move on to the steps to set it up.
- Your first job is to download the QRS Mobile App. it is available for free on Google Play Store or Apple Store for Android and iOS devices, respectively.
- Once you are done installing the app, you will have to configure the extender. From your device, go to wireless utility. Then, connect to the router wirelessly. Perform a scan for listed the Wi-Fi name (SSID). Choose and then enter the specific password.
- Once you are done connecting to the extender, open the QRS mobile app on your device.
- Now, first, click on ‘Start’ and then on ‘Next’ to continue with the process.
- The app will first detect the DLINK DAP-1330 Extender. Thereafter, it is going to scan the Wi-Fi networks available. Choose the network that you would like to extend. In case the network doesn’t show up, tap on ‘Rescan’.
- Now, you will have to enter the password of the Wi-Fi network. When you are done, click on ‘Next’. This will continue the process.
- Enter the name of the network (SSID) along with the password for the extended network. Now, click on the button ‘Next’ to continue.
- You have to create the admin password for the web-based configuration utility of the extender. As soon as you are done, click on ‘Next’.
- You will see a summary of your steps onscreen. So, click on ‘Save’ to reboot your device and then complete the setup process.
Following the completion of the setup wizard, you will see a screen. For connecting to the extended network, you can make the necessary changes on your laptop and mobile. Do this to the wireless network’s name and password you created. If you want, you can share the Wi-Fi information just by clicking on Share by E-mail.
How to Setup DLINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1330) Through the Web Browser?
It is easy to set up DLINK N300 DAP 1330 through the web browser. However, for accessing the setup utility for the extender on your PC, you have to connect it wirelessly. Use the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password present on the Wi-Fi Configuration card. Thereafter in the address bar enter http://dlinkap.local./. You can also use the extender’s IP address.
Note: The default IP address of the extender is 192.168.0.50. Once the extender connects to the DHCP settings of the host network, you have to log into the router to check the assigned IP address.
If you have multiple DLINK DAP-1330 Extender devices, go to http://dlinkapxxxx.local. Given in the Configuration Card. Here ‘xxxx’ is the 4-digits of the MAC address of DAP-1330 Extender. Now, enter the password. Your default username is ‘Admin’ and you cannot change it. The default password is kept blank.
The configuration interface opens up and you can configure different settings for the extender. In case you have not configured an uplink network yet, the home screen is going to show that there isn’t any connection between the uplink router and the extender.
How to Extend an Existing Network Using DAP 1330 Extender?
If you have to set up the network manually, choose ‘Extend an Existing Network’ from the menu of the setup wizard. Thereafter, just click on the button ‘Next’ to continue with the process.
The DLINK DAP-1330 scans for the wireless networks available and will present a result list. To proceed, you have to choose one of the following options:
- In case the wireless you would like to extend has been detected during the scanning process, click on it. You will be taken to the next step by the extender.
- In case the network you plan to extend hasn’t been detected, click on the button ‘Manual’.
Note: In case the wireless, you would want to extend to has been detected, the extender can be out of range. So, place the DAP-1330 wifi extender closer to the host network.
- In case your chosen wireless network has been detected during the scanning process, enter the password.
- After this, you have to click on ‘Next’ to configure the extension network setting. If you want to go back to the previous step, just click on ‘Back’.
- In case you have chosen ‘Manual’. Enter the name of the Wi-Fi, type of Security, and also the password of the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
- To configure the extension network, click on ‘Next’. If you have to go back to the previous steps, just click on ‘Back’.
- As soon as you establish a connection, you will be asked to configure the extended network settings. You will the current network name and password on the screen.
- You can rename the 2.4 GHz network and create your own password. However, make sure that you note down the changes you are making. This is because the wireless clients that wish to join the credentials will need it.
LED Light Status of DLINK N300 DAP 1330
To use the D-LINK N300 DAP 1330 Extender, you need to know the LED indicators and what they indicate. Let’s take a look at them.
- Solid: It means that the extender is connected to the host network and is getting power.
- Blinking: This indicates that the WPS mode of the extender is active.
- Solid: It shows that the extender is in a booting mode.
- Blinking: It indicates that the extender isn’t connected to the host network.
- Blinking: It means the DAP-1330 isn’t connected to the host network.
- Off: It shows that the device isn’t getting power. So, you should check the power outlet.
Dlink DAP-1330 Review
DLINK DAP-1330 is one of the most compact extenders available in the market. Also, it comes at a very affordable price. By installing this, you can expect to get a speed of up to 300 Mbps. So, it is just ideal for small to medium sizes houses. It has two adjustable antennas and an Ethernet port. However, the device just works on the 2.4GHz band. Since it has only one Ethernet port, it can be a problem for people who have more than one device to plugin.
It is easy to set up. The entire process has been simplified and it will just take you a few minutes. You just have to plug it into an outlet and press the WPS button on the main router and do the same on the extender.
The extender offers good coverage. So, if you are looking for a simple and basic Wi-Fi network booster, D-LINK N300 DAP1330, is the appropriate choice. Click here to download Dlink DAP-1330 Extender PDF manual